Thursday, September 16, 2010

Haircut

I got a haircut today at my host Mom's salon. She booked me the appointment and the hairdresser just happened to speak pretty fluent English.
Now, my hair is extremely easy to manage with a buzzer/clipper thing. However, she started to go at me with scissors. After a minute or two I asked if she'd prefer to use a "bzzrrrrr" thing. She said yes of course and I asked if she had a #4, which she 100% didn't understand. All she had was a really fancy looking clipper so in the end she used her steady hand and a comb to buzz my hair evenly around. She did an amazing job, offered me cookies and tea during my haircut and made fantastic conversation. To top it off, I was pushed into a seat where my hair was washed. All this service for less than the $20 (including tip) that I throw Mark the barber back in NYC. Absolutely fantastic.

My new haircut, while also wearing my ahjasshi badminton shirt that the gym teachers gave me